Is there anything more romantic than a forest wedding? This gorgeous inspiration from Make Me Bridal pro, Nicola Jane Makeup Artist, is magical. Set in the evocatively named Witches Wood in Lytham St Anne’s, it pairs the boho wedding trend with a woodland setting, and includes whimsical details like a picnic set out on a fallen tree, a beautiful lace illusion sleeve gown, and the prettiest flower crown. Perfect for a bride who wants to create a modern Midsummer Night’s Dream!
In keeping with the setting and boho vibe, Nicola wanted to keep the makeup natural. She used an airbrush effect with a subtle bronze eyeshadow and a set of false lashes to give definition to the model’s eyes. As a nod to the pops of pink in the shoot colour palette, she finished off with a subtle pink lip. The bride’s hair was done by Hair by Angelagh, who added curls to her long locks and created a fishtail braid that was topped with the flower crown.
This shoot has already received some excellent press coverage, with a feature in Your North West Wedding Magazine and a cover for the Spring 2019 issue of Lancashire Weddings.
Lancashire makeup artist, Nicola Jane, has won multiple awards for her work, including Freelance Makeup Artist of the Year for the North of England at the Official Makeup Awards. She specialises in bridal makeup, focusing on creating classic, polished bridal looks, and also offers glitter bars for evening events. You can see her profile here.
- Featured Makeup Artist: Nicola Jane Makeup Artist
- Photography: Popsicle Photography
- Hair: Hair by Angelagh
- Dress: Moments In Time Bridal
- Floral: Milly Davey Flowers
- Cakes: The Sweetest Thing Cakery
- Wooden Props: Jen’s Rustic Wood
- Vintage Props: Jo-Jo's Pretty Tea Party
- Flower Crown: Flower Crown Magic
- Female Model: Jessica Jackson
- Male Model: Simon Rawsthorn
- Venue: Witches Wood, Lytham St Annes